Clive Learning Academy PTOTIGERS TOGETHER
PTO Purpose & Mission
“…to better the experience of ALL students during their time at Clive Learning Academy by supporting staff and parents. Our goal is to build a sense of community while using our funds in ways that touch as many students as possible.”
Must be logged into a Google account to open electronic form
Give to CLA PTO
There are many ways to give to Clive Learning Academy PTO!
100% of our proceeds stay at Clive!
Our PTO meetings are held on Zoom, unless otherwise noted
Join our quarterly meetings: here
WDMCS Site & Resources
President: Mike Schmidt
Vice President: Jaimie Hesterberg
Secretary: Laura Schieber
Treasurer: Leng Reiff
Volunteer Coord.: Mariel Ramsey
Members-At-Large: Meghan Borland, Brandon Despins
Principal: Shelly Pospeshil
Grade Levels: PK-6
Fill out our volunteer form to sign up for events and other opportunities.
The PTO is looking for more volunteers. Feel free to send us an email if you are interested in a larger role with the PTO. We’d love to hear from you! email@example.com
Watch your email, follow us on Facebook, or check this page for current opportunities for specific events.
September 13, 2022 @ 7pm
November 15, 2022 @ 7 pm
February 7, 2023 @ 7 pm
May 9, 2023 @ 7 pm
All meetings will be held virtually via Zoom. Dial in information for the meetings will be sent via the Clive Live email newsletter. There are no dues or membership requirements. All are welcome!
PTO Meetings generally last one hour or less. The purpose of these meetings is to inform the parent community about Clive activities, budget details, upcoming events and offer updates from the principal/director.
Clive Learning Academy has over 65 staff members, all working their hardest every day to make your student’s education the best it can be. As a PTO, we work hard to support these individuals so they can do just that.
Parent volunteers offer a huge resource and support base for the school community while showing their kids the importance of participating in the larger community.
Not only will the school reap the benefits of your involvement — you will, too. By interacting with teachers, administrators, and other parents on a regular basis, you’ll gain a firsthand understanding of your child’s daily activities.
You’ll also tap into trends and fads of school life that can help you communicate with your kids as they grow and change (all without intruding on their privacy or personal space).
Even if you haven’t been involved in the past,
It’s never too late to start!
What does the PTO do?
The PTO is a non profit, non membership organization. It is made up of parents and family members working together with staff to plan events and enhance the learning experience for the student body.
The PTO assists with school communication so families can be aware of what is happening at Clive. The PTO also raises funds to purchase items not paid for by the school or school district. Below are a few of the things that PTO does every year:
- Provides refreshments at the Back to School Night
- Makes Clive spirit wear available
- Offers yearly startup funds to teachers for classroom supplies
- Funds field trips for every grade
- Funds indoor recess games and toys
- Funds playground equipment additions
- Sends representatives to the School Community Network meetings
- Posts & manages CLA’s Facebook profile & PTO website
- Plans and sponsors three classroom parties a year (Fall, Winter, Friendship)
- Sponsors and plans fundraisers
- Serves meals for staff on conference days
- Sponsors professional author or artist visits
- Sponsors Spirit Week in February
- Financially supports Challenge of the Books and Book Room supplies
- Manages the upkeep and cleaning of CLA’s landscaping and yards
- Supports Fun and Be Fit Day, Summer Rocks, and other events
- Organizes celebration for Teacher Appreciation Week
- and much, much more!
1600 73rd Street
Windsor Heights, IA 50324
HOURS: 9:05 a.m.-3:55 p.m. (M, T, TH, F)
9:05 a.m.-3:10 p.m. (W)
PRESCHOOL: 9:05-11:50 a.m. and 1:10-3:55 p.m.
“I always wondered why somebody doesn’t do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.”
See what we’re saying
Get In Touch